Yield: 6 (4-inch) pancakes
- 3/4 cup light buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana, diced
- Frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
1. Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2.Place flour into a large bowl. Now whisk in the rest of the dry ingredients (cornstarch, baking powder).
3. Pour in the almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk the batter until no clumps remain.
4. Fold in the diced banana. If using fresh blueberries, mix them in now.
5. Lightly grease skillet. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the preheated skillet. If using frozen blueberries, sprinkle on a heaping tablespoon of blueberries. Cook until many bubbles appear and then flip and cook for another couple minutes. Repeat for the other pancakes.
Note: If using frozen blueberries, pour batter onto skillet first and then top with blueberries to prevent bleeding.