2 cups raw almonds, soaked in water
3 cups cold filtered water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch of Cinnamon
1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. It’s preferred to soak them overnight (for 8-12 hours) in the water.
2. Rinse and drain the almonds and place into a blender along with filtered water and chopped vanilla bean or extract.
3. Blend on highest speed for 1 minute or so.
4. Place a nut milk bag over a large bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk. This took me about 3-5 minutes to get all the milk out.
5. Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the cinnamon, sea salt and coconut sugar. Blend on low to combine.
6. Pour into a glass jar to store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Shake jar very well before using as the mixture separates when sitting.