- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 – 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 – 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 handfuls baby spinach or kale (destemmed)
- Roasted peanuts, for garnish
- Prepared Basmati Rice
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, until onion is translucent.
2. Add bell pepper, jalapeno, sweet potato and canned tomatoes. Raise heat to medium-high and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with S & P.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk peanut butter with 1 cup vegetable broth until no clumps remain. Stir into large saucepan with remaining 3 cups vegetable broth, chili powder, and cayenne.
4. Cover pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10-20 minutes until sweet potato is tender.
5. Stir in chickpeas and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
6. Ladle into bowls over cooked basmati rice and garnish with roasted peanuts.
Recipe and picture originally from: http://www.ohsheglows.com